Friday, September 24, 2010

1 of 100,000 Steps

I have a very cool watch that accurately tracks my running mileage and route via GPS. An associated "footpod" tells my watch how many steps I take each time I run. I average about 160 steps per minute--counting right and left--when I'm at my normal pace.

So last week I ran about 100,000 steps. That number equates to a lot of running. Each 1 of that 100,000 gets me closer to my training plan's daily goal and to my long term fitness strategy. Each 1 breaks the all-time steps record in the Chas division of life. Every day I set a new lifetime achievement record for the number of steps taken as living and breathing me.

Someday I'm going to take my last step, and I don't know when that will happen so I'm going to keep taking them--and relishing them--until I can't any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment